Mathematical Analysis and its Applications, Extremal Problems and Inequalities of Markov-Bernstein Type for Algebraic Polynomials
|Prijs:||€ 174,40 (onder voorbehoud)|
|Beschikbaarheid:||Nog niet verschenen.|
|Bindwijze:||Boek, Paperback (01-10-2021)|
|Voeg toe aan verlanglijst|
|Mail naar vriend(in) /collega|
|Schrijf een recensie|
Bernstein-type Inequalities for Polynomials and Rational Functions is an integrated, powerful and clear presentation of the emergent field in approximation theory. It presents a unified description of solution norms relevant to complex polynomials, rational functions and exponential functions. Primarily for graduate students and first year PhDs, this book is useful for any researcher exploring problems which require derivative estimates. It is particularly useful for those studying inverse problems in approximation theory.
- Applies Bernstein-type Inequalities to any problem where derivative estimates are necessary
- Presents complex math in a clean and simple way, progressing readers from polynomials into rational functions
- Contains exhaustive references with thousands of citations to articles and books
- Features methods to solve inverse problems across approximation theory
- Includes open problems for further research
|Titel:||Mathematical Analysis and its Applications, Extremal Problems and Inequalities of Markov-Bernstein Type for Algebraic Polynomials|
|auteur:||Milovanovic, Gradimir V.; Govil, Narendra K.; Gardner, Robert B.|
|Afmetingen:||229 x 152|
He was with the Faculty of Electronic Engineering and the Department of Mathematics at the same place as, promoted to professor (1986) and acting as Dean of the Faculty of Electronic Engineering (2002-2004) and Rector of the University of Nia (2004 06), as well as Dean of the Faculty of Computer Sciences at the Megatrend University, Belgrade (2008-2011), until he joined the Mathematical Institute of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts in Belgrade (2011). He was President of the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia (2006-2010).
His research interests are Orthogonal Polynomials and Systems; Interpolation, Quadrature Processes and Integral Equations; Approximation by Polynomials and Splines; Extremal Problems, Inequalities and Zeros of Polynomials. He published 7 monographs, about 250 scientific papers in refereed journals, 35 book chapters, about 50 papers in conference proceedings, as well as 20 textbooks. Most significant monograph works of Milovanovi are Topics in Polynomials: Extremal Problems, Inequalities, Zeros (coauthors: D. S. Mitrinovi and Th. M. Rassias), published at over 800 pages by World Scientific (Singapore, 1994) and known in the world as Bible of Polynomials and the monograph Interpolation Processes Basic Theory and Applications (c>0uthor: G. Mastroianni) by Springer, 2008. (Home page: http://www.mi.sanu.ac.rs/~gvm/ ). He is currently serving as an Editor-in-Chief and an Associate Editor for several journals (Journal of Inequalities and Applications, Springer; Optimization Letters, Springer; Applied Mathematics and Computation, Elsevier; Publications de l Institut Mathmatique, Mathematical Institute, Belgrade, etc.).
Presents a self-contained, deep and clear presentation of current applied research in Bernstein-type inequalities
1. History and Introduction of Markov and Bernstein Inequalities 2. Bernstein-Type Inequalities for Polynomials with Restricted Zero 3. Bernstein-Type Inequalities in ????????Norm 4. Bernstein-Type Inequalities for Polar Derivatives of Polynomials 5. Bernstein-Type Inequalities for Rational Functions 6. Bernstein-Type Inequalities for Entire Functions of Exponential Type