Multi-rotor Platform Based UAV Systems
Multi-rotor Platform Based UAV Systems provides an excellent opportunity for experiential learning, capability augmentation and confidence-building for senior level undergraduates, entry-level graduates, engineers working in government agencies, and industry involved in UAV R&D. Topics in this book include an introduction to VTOL multi-copter UAV platforms, UAV system architecture, integration in the national airspace, including UAV classification and associated missions, regulation and safety, certification and air traffic management, integrated mission planning, including autonomous fault tolerant path planning and vision based auto landing systems, flight mechanics and stability, dynamic modeling and flight controller development.
Other topics covered include sense, detect and avoid systems, flight testing, including safety assessment instrumentation and data acquisition telemetry, synchronization data fusion, the geo-location of identified targets, and much more.
- Provides an excellent opportunity for experiential learning, capability augmentation and confidence building for senior level undergraduates, entry-level graduates and engineers working in government, and industry involved in UAV R&D
- Includes MATLAB/SIMULINK computational tools and off-the-shelf hardware implementation tutorials
- Offers a student centered approach
- Provides a quick and efficient means to conceptualize, design, synthesize and analyze using modeling and simulations
- Offers international perspective and appeal for engineering students and professionals
|Titel:||Multi-rotor Platform Based UAV Systems|
|auteur:||Kumar, Manish; Cohen, Kelly; Cazaurang, Franck|
|NUR:||Luchtvaart- en ruimtetechniek|
|Afmetingen:||229 x 152|
An exhaustive introduction to drone technologies, covering flight mechanics, detect and avoid systems, flight testing, geo-location of targets, and much more
1. Introduction to UAVs and VTOL Multi-Copter UAV Platforms 2. Integration in the National airspace (Europe and USA) - UAV Classification and Associated Missions, Regulation and Safety, Certification and Air Traffic Management 3. UAV Classification and Mission Planning 4. UAV System Architecture 5. Flight Safety Assessment and Approaches 6. Energy power and thrust management including electrical power, Battery cells, propellers, and electrical motors 7. Diagnostics and fault tolerant path planning 8. Dynamics Modeling, Flight Controller Optimization and Testing of Multi-Rotor UAVs 9. Autonomous Navigation and Target Geolocation in GPS Denied Environment 10. Real-time Video and FLIR Image Processing for Enhanced Situational Awareness 11. Design, Fabrication, Assembly, and Flight Test of Multi-rotor UAVs using a 3D printer 12. Genetic Fuzzy Single and Collaborative Tasking for UAV Operations 13. UAV Navigation in National Air Space