Power Plant Instrumentation and Control Handbook
A Guide to Thermal Power Plants
Power Plant Instrumentation and Control Handbook, Second Edition, provides a contemporary resource on the practical monitoring of power plant operation, with a focus on efficiency, reliability, accuracy, cost and safety. It includes comprehensive listings of operating values and ranges of parameters for temperature, pressure, flow and levels of both conventional thermal power plant and combined/cogen plants, supercritical plants and once-through boilers. It is updated to include tables, charts and figures from advanced plants in operation or pilot stage. Practicing engineers, freshers, advanced students and researchers will benefit from discussions on advanced instrumentation with specific reference to thermal power generation and operations.
New topics in this updated edition include plant safety lifecycles and safety integrity levels, advanced ultra-supercritical plants with advanced firing systems and associated auxiliaries, integrated gasification combined cycle (IGCC) and integrated gasification fuel cells (IGFC), advanced control systems, and safety lifecycle and safety integrated systems.
- Covers systems in use in a wide range of power plants: conventional thermal power plants, combined/cogen plants, supercritical plants, and once through boilers
- Presents practical design aspects and current trends in instrumentation
- Discusses why and how to change control strategies when systems are updated/changed
- Provides instrumentation selection techniques based on operating parameters. Spec sheets are included for each type of instrument
- Consistent with current professional practice in North America, Europe, and India
- All-new coverage of Plant safety lifecycles and Safety Integrity Levels
- Discusses control and instrumentation systems deployed for the next generation of A-USC and IGCC plants
|Titel:||Power Plant Instrumentation and Control Handbook|
|auteur:||Debnath, Ajay Kumar; Basu, Swapan|
|Afmetingen:||276 x 216|
Authoritative resource on the practical monitoring of modern power plant instrumentation systems, with a focus on efficiency, reliability, accuracy, cost and safety