XML-based Content Management
Integration, Methodologies and Tools
XML-based Content Management: Integration, Methodologies and Tools covers the design and deployment of XML-based solutions and how to manage content and metadata, a practice that requires a more methodological approach than those traditionally applied to the design and deployment of document and content management solutions.
The extensive use of XML implies the need of adding additional activities, quality controls, and tools to the established document-management and web-application design processes. The book describes a methodology that covers the different phases of the content and metadata management lifecycle, from generation, to archiving, to compliance with existing content management and archiving standards. In addition, the book reviews the key characteristics of the tools necessary for storage, retrieval and delivery.
- Focuses on methodologies for the design and deployment of XML-based content management solutions based on standards like BMPN and SPEM
- Provides an updated view of consolidated technologies for structured data management
- Explains the link between technologies for content storage and distribution
- Presents the conceptual knowledge to understand and relate the strategic view provided by OAIS with the management of daily operations focused on content collection, aggregation and publishing
|Titel:||XML-based Content Management|
|Plaats van publicatie:||01|
|Afmetingen:||229 x 152|
A detailed methodology that covers the different phases of the content and metadata management lifecycle, from generation to archiving, compliance, storage, retrieval and delivery
1. Scenarios for structured content and data management 2. Content edition and transformation tools and technologies: XML-related technologies 3. Storage and retrieval: Data retrieval standards 4. The lifecycle of XML-based applications: Document-management lifecycles 5. A methodology for designing and deploying XML-based solutions: Objectives 6. Case Study