How to Design, Deploy, and Sustain an Effective Data Governance Program
|Prijs:||€ 57,70 (onder voorbehoud)|
|Beschikbaarheid:||Levertijd tussen de 5 en 15 werkdagen. Geen retour recht.|
|Bindwijze:||Boek, Paperback (08-11-2019)|
Data Governance op boekenliefde.nl
|Voeg toe aan verlanglijst|
|Mail naar vriend(in) /collega|
|Schrijf een recensie|
Managing data continues to grow as a necessity for modern organizations. There are seemingly infinite opportunities for organic growth, reduction of costs, and creation of new products and services. It has become apparent that none of these opportunities can happen smoothly without data governance. The cost of exponential data growth and privacy / security concerns are becoming burdensome. Organizations will encounter unexpected consequences in new sources of risk. The solution to these challenges is also data governance; ensuring balance between risk and opportunity.
Data Governance, Second Edition, is for any executive, manager or data professional who needs to understand or implement a data governance program. It is required to ensure consistent, accurate and reliable data across their organization. This book offers an overview of why data governance is needed, how to design, initiate, and execute a program and how to keep the program sustainable. This valuable resource provides comprehensive guidance to beginning professionals, managers or analysts looking to improve their processes, and advanced students in Data Management and related courses. With the provided framework and case studies all professionals in the data governance field will gain key insights into launching successful and money-saving data governance program.
- Incorporates industry changes, lessons learned and new approaches
- Explores various ways in which data analysts and managers can ensure consistent, accurate and reliable data across their organizations
- Includes new case studies which detail real-world situations
- Explores all of the capabilities an organization must adopt to become data driven
- Provides guidance on various approaches to data governance, to determine whether an organization should be low profile, central controlled, agile, or traditional
- Provides guidance on using technology and separating vendor hype from sincere delivery of necessary capabilities
- Offers readers insights into how their organizations can improve the value of their data, through data quality, data strategy and data literacy
- Provides up to 75% brand-new content compared to the first edition
|Afmetingen:||235 x 191|
John is widely published. John frequently writes and speaks on a variety of technology and data topics. His information management experience is balanced between strategic technology planning, project management and practical application of technology to business problems.
Presents a complete overview of the data governance lifecycle
"John Ladley s latest book is the second edition of his Data Governance book, first published in 2012. If you know the first edition of this book, you ll certainly appreciate this updated second edition. Reading this book will provide you with a comprehensive overview of why data governance is needed, how to design, initiate, and execute a data governance program, and how to keep the program sustainable.
There is a ton of new content in this second edition, including new case studies, updated industry details, and updated coverage of the available data governance tools that can help.The book will be useful to you whether you are a novice or a seasoned professional. At the heart of this book is the framework that Ladley communicates that you can follow to build and maintain successful data governance at your organization. In combination with the use cases that he walks through in the book, you have a powerful guide for launching your data governance program. Useful for both small and large organizations, be sure to pick up a copy of this book if you are charged with any aspect of data management and data governance within your shop." --Data and Technology Today
1. Prologue An Executive Overview 2. Introduction 3. Data Literacy and Concepts 4 Overview A Day in the Life of a data governance program and its capabilities 5. The data governance business case 6. Process overview for deploying data governance 7. Scope and initiation 8. Assess 9. Vision 10. Align and business value 11. Functional design 12. Governing framework design 13. Road map 14. Rollout and sustain 15. Data governance artifacts and tools 16. Final remarks
Appendix Data Governance Charters Template Data Governance Orientation and ongoing knowledge transfer template Stakeholder Analysis Leadership Alignment Assessment Communications Plan Training Plan Example Post-rollout Checklist