How To Design, Deploy, And Sustain An Effective Data Governance Program
Managing data continues to grow as a necessity for modern organizations. There are seemingly infinite opportunities for organic growth, reduction of costs, and creation of new products and services. It has become apparent that none of these opportunities can happen smoothly without data governance. The cost of exponential data growth and privacy / security concerns are becoming burdensome. Organizations will encounter unexpected consequences in new sources of risk. The solution to these challenges is also data governance; ensuring balance between risk and opportunity.
Data Governance, Second Edition, is for any executive, manager or data professional who needs to understand or implement a data governance program. It is required to ensure consistent, accurate and reliable data across their organization. This book offers an overview of why data governance is needed, how to design, initiate, and execute a program and how to keep the program sustainable. This valuable resource provides comprehensive guidance to beginning professionals, managers or analysts looking to improve their processes, and advanced students in Data Management and related courses. With the provided framework and case studies all professionals in the data governance field will gain key insights into launching successful and money-saving data governance program.
- Incorporates industry changes, lessons learned and new approaches
- Explores various ways in which data analysts and managers can ensure consistent, accurate and reliable data across their organizations
- Includes new case studies which detail real-world situations
- Explores all of the capabilities an organization must adopt to become data driven
- Provides guidance on various approaches to data governance, to determine whether an organization should be low profile, central controlled, agile, or traditional
- Provides guidance on using technology and separating vendor hype from sincere delivery of necessary capabilities
- Offers readers insights into how their organizations can improve the value of their data, through data quality, data strategy and data literacy
- Provides up to 75% brand-new content compared to the first edition
|auteur:||Ladley, John (principal Of Imcue Solutions, Editor Of The Data Strategy Journal)|
|Uitgever:||Elsevier Science Publishing Co Inc|
|Afmetingen:||189 x 235 x 25|
John is widely published. John frequently writes and speaks on a variety of technology and data topics. His information management experience is balanced between strategic technology planning, project management and practical application of technology to business problems.
Presents a complete overview of the data governance lifecycle