Psychology Research Methods
A Writing Intensive Approach
Psychology Research Methods: A Writing Intensive Approach integrates the teaching of knowledge in research methods with skills in formulating and writing research proposals. Using an experiential approach and organized around the task of writing a complete APA-style research proposal, the book guides readers in understanding and applying critical concepts and processes in behavioral science research methods. It helps them justify and propose a randomized controlled trial of the efficacy of a treatment for a common mental health problem, including establishing a scientific premise for their argument, reading basic research on the epidemiology of the disorder and applied research on existing interventions, and more.
This book provides cleverly crafted small group activities that mimic peer review and teach how to provide explicit positive and corrective feedback. It builds both social and intellectual capital as readers learn about the culture of science and its emphasis on collaboration and rigor.
- Teaches knowledge and skills through brief didactic presentations
- Includes individual and group activities to support close reading of scientific papers
- Guides the reader in the construction of arguments for a research proposal
- Engages readers in subject selection, measurement, research design, and hypothesis testing
- Encourages researchers to be conscientious and engaged peer reviewers
|Titel:||Psychology Research Methods|
|Afmetingen:||229 x 152|
An experiential text reference for teaching skills in critical thinking, science writing and research methodology