Platelets, Fourth Edition, integrates the entire field of platelet biology, pathophysiology, and clinical medicine with contributions from 142 world experts from 18 countries. This award-winning reference provides clear presentations by basic scientists on the cellular, molecular, and genetic mechanisms of platelets and the role of platelets in thrombosis, hemorrhage, inflammation, antimicrobial host defense, wound healing, angiogenesis and cancer. It also provides start-of-the-art presentations by hematologists, cardiologists, stroke physicians, blood bankers, pathologists and other clinicians on platelet function testing, disorders of platelet numbers and function, antiplatelet therapy and therapy to increase platelet numbers and/or function.
Since the publication of the Third Edition of Platelets, there has been a rapid expansion of knowledge in both basic biology of platelets and the clinical approach to platelet-related diseases. This Fourth Edition of Platelets draws all this information into a single, comprehensive and authoritative resource.
- Comprehensive and definitive source of state-of-the-art knowledge about platelets
- Integrates the entire field of platelet biology, pathophysiology, and clinical medicine
- Written for clinicians, pathologists and scientists by 142 world-renowned experts from 18 countries
- Completely revised and updated, with 11 new chapters on topics such as platelet glycobiology, the platelet transcriptome, platelet inhibitory receptors, platelet function testing in clinical research trials, therapeutic platelet-rich plasma in wound healing, and new antiplatelet drugs
- Full color textbook with over 250 illustrations and 15,000 references
|Uitgever:||Elsevier Science Publishing Co Inc|
|Plaats van publicatie:||03|
|Afmetingen:||227 x 286 x 55|
The definitive source on platelets, covering the entire field of platelet biology, pathophysiology and clinical medicine
Best Book in Medical Science Award --Association of American Publishers
Highly Commended Prize (Internal Medicine) --British Medical Association Medical Book Awards
"Belongs on the bookshelf of every clinician who assesses patients with platelet disorders" --The Lancet
"Landmark" --New England Journal of Medicine
"This is a fantastic resource for anyone who treats patients with platelet disorders or is engaged in platelet or megakaryocyte-based research" --British Journal of Haematology