Renewable Energy Powered Desalination Handbook
Application and Thermodynamics
|Prijs:||€ 201,65 (onder voorbehoud)|
|Beschikbaarheid:||Levertijd tussen de 5 en 15 werkdagen. Geen retour recht.|
|Bindwijze:||Boek, Paperback (10-03-2018)|
|Genre:||Anatomie en fysiologie|
Renewable Energy Powered Desalination Handbook op boekenliefde.nl
|Voeg toe aan verlanglijst|
|Mail naar vriend(in) /collega|
|Schrijf een recensie|
Renewable Energy Powered Desalination Handbook: Applications and Thermodynamics offers a practical handbook on the use of renewable technologies to produce freshwater using sustainable methods. Sections cover the different renewable technologies currently used in the field, including solar, wind, geothermal and nuclear desalination. This coverage is followed by an equally important clear and rigorous discussion of energy recovery and the thermodynamics of desalination processes. While seawater desalination can provide a climate-independent source of drinking water, the process is energy-intensive and environmentally damaging. This book provides readers with the latest methods, processes, and technologies available for utilizing renewable energy applications as a valuable technology.
Desalination based on the use of renewable energy sources can provide a sustainable way to produce fresh water. It is expected to become economically attractive as the costs of renewable technologies continue to decline and the prices of fossil fuels continue to increase.
- Covers renewable energy sources, such as nuclear, geothermal, solar and wind powered desalination and energy storage and optimization
- Includes energy recovery schemes, optimization and process controls
- Elaborates on the principles of thermodynamics and second law efficiencies to improve process performance, including solar desalination
- Explains global applicability of solar, wind, geothermal and nuclear energy sources with case studies
- Discusses renewable energy-desalinated water optimization schemes for island communities
|Titel:||Renewable Energy Powered Desalination Handbook|
|Plaats van publicatie:||03|
|NUR:||Anatomie en fysiologie|
|Afmetingen:||229 x 152|
Dr. Gude has published over 70 scientific research articles on desalination (thermal, membrane, hybrid and microbial), water- wastewater treatment and biofuels research in well-regarded journals. His research work is well utilized in the literature with over 2500 citations by 2017. He has published 3 books in desalination research (Elsevier) and 2 books in biofuels research (CRC Press), 15 invited book chapters, 50 conference proceedings papers, 15 technical reports, several popular press articles and media releases, and 2 patents in low temperature desalination and microalgae biofuels technologies respectively. He delivered 35 invited lectures including 6 plenary/keynote lectures and over 140 scientific research and educational presentations. He organized many workshops on water-energy-environment nexus topics at national and international conferences. He was the chair and board representative for clean energy and water division of ASES between 2011 and 2016. He serves on numerous scientific advisory boards and task committees across the world including ASCE-EWRI, ASEE, ASES, and AWWA. He is a member of several editorial boards and editor for many scientific journals including ASCE Journal of Environmental Engineering, Heliyon, Nature npj Clean Water, Renewable Energy, Resource-Efficient Technologies, and Water Environment Research Journal. His research is supported by NSF, USEPA, USGS, USDA and many industrial and international agencies. He has received many recognitions for research, teaching and service activities at regional, national and international conferences and by professional societies (ASCE, ASEE, ASES, and Chi Epsilon National Civil Engineering Honor Society) including the 2017 Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award and 2017 ASCE MS Engineer of the Year Award.
Provides valuable insights on applying renewable energy technologies for creating efficient and cost-effective desalination operations and processes
1. Introduction to renewable energy powered desalination 2. Solar Powered Desalination 3. Wind Powered Desalination 4. Geothermal Desalination Potential Benefits and Considerations for Implementation 5. Geothermal Desalination to Address Water Supply Issues in GCC, MENA and Sub-Saharan Countries 6. Nuclear Desalination State of the art 7. Impacts and Analysis of nuclear desalination 8. Desalination costs using renewable energy sources 9. Energy-water nexus islands 10. Energy Storage in Desalination 11. Energy Recovery Devices in Membrane Desalination Processes 12. Thermodynamic and thermoeconomic analysis of MED processes 13. Exergy analysis of MSF and other configurations 14. Exergy Analysis of Solar Desalination