5G Networks: Powering Digitalization provides an overview of standard 5G Core that includes descriptions of the cloud technologies that are considered central for 5G and sections that cover key concepts in 3GPP rel-15/16 specifications. Written by authors who are heavily involved in the development of standards, this book includes sections on 5G Radio technologies: NR (New Radio) and the evolution of LTE, Massive MIMO, Multi-user beamforming and virtual RAN, Cloud technologies, Web software concepts, Option 3/NSA, an overview of the 5G Core Architecture, a detailed presentation of 5G Core key concepts, and more.
Readers will learn the differences between 5G system/core network and previous incarnations of the core network, how the interworking with previous standards is expected to happen, why certain functionality has been included, what is beyond the scope of 5GC, and more.
- Provides a clear, concise and comprehensive view of 5GS/5GC
- Written by established experts in the 5GS/5GC standardization process, all of whom have extensive experience and understanding of its goals, history and vision
- Covers potential service and operator scenarios for each architecture
- Explains the Service Based Architecture, Network Slicing and support of Edge Computing, describing the benefits they will bring
- Explains what options and parts of the standards will initially be deployed in real networks, along with their migration paths
|auteur:||Mulligan, Catherine (imperial College, London, Uk); Sultana, Shabnam (systems Architect, Ericsson); Frid, Lars (director Of Strategic Product Management Of 5g Core Networks, Ericsson, Stockholm, Sweden); Olsson, Magnus (ericsson, Sweden); Hedman, Peter (consultant, Ericsson); Rommer, Stefan (senior Specialist, Ericsson In Gothenburg, Sweden)|
|Uitgever:||Elsevier Science & Technology|
|Afmetingen:||235 x 191|
Gain insights into 5G network technology and standards