Chase's Calendar Of Events
12,500 entries. 196 countries. 365 days.
Find out what's going on any day of the year, anywhere across the globe!
If you're looking to tie a promotional event to a special month, travel to a music festival halfway around the world, blog about a historical milestone or do a celebrity birthday round-up on your radio show or Twitterfeed, Chase's Calendar of Events is the one resource that has it all. For broadcasters, journalists, event planners, public relations professionals, librarians, editors, writers or simply the curious, this is one reference you can't do without!
Chase's Calendar of Events 2015 brings you:
- Major sporting events such as the FIFA Women's World Cup (June 6), the Pan American Games (July 10) and the48th Transpacific Yacht Race (July 13).
- Milestones such as the 800th anniversary of the Magna Carta, 200th anniversary of Waterloo, 150th anniversaryof Lincoln's assassination, 75th anniversary of Dunkirk and the Battle of Britain, 150th birth anniversary of poetW.B. Yeats and much more.
- New birthday entries for newsmakers like the new king of Spain, Felipe VI of Bourbon and Greece (Jan 30), orpolitical activist Nadezhda Tolokonnikova (Nov 7); sports stars such as Meryl Davis (Jan 1) and Johnny Manziel(Dec 6); and entertainers Lupita Nyong'o (Mar 1), Chiwetel Ejiofor (July 10), Jamie Dornan (May 1), Dakota Johnson(Oct 4), Lorde (Nov 7) and Macklemore (June 19).
- New special days such as Take Your Poet to Work Day (July 15), National Black Women in Jazz and the Arts Day (Mar 1), National Biscotti Day (Sept 29), Runner's Selfie Day (June 23), No Selfies Day (Mar 16) and many more.
New! Get exclusive access to the Chase's Calendar of Events companion website with:
- What's on Today? All the holidays, events, anniversaries, celebrity birthdays, and so on for the current day
- Advanced Search: customize your search--date ranges, location, key word, category, attendance--however you want!
- Unique Festivals of the World: a new, interactive map of the world--click on a country and discover its major festivals
- Tabbed pages for Major Awards, About the Holidays, Spotlight for 2015, Glossary of Calendar Terms and Special Months
For information on the url and password of the companion website, please see details inside the book.
|Titel:||Chase's Calendar Of Events|
|auteur:||Editors Of Chase's Calendar Of Events|
|Uitgever:||Mcgraw-hill Education - Europe|
|Plaats van publicatie:||01|
|Afmetingen:||275 x 217 x 37|
Chase's Calendar of Events is produced by an in-house team of editors and researchers based in Chicago, IL. McGraw-Hill Education has published Chase's since 1984, but Chase's was first published by William and Harrison Chase in December 1957. (William Chase, now retired, lives in Ann Arbor, MI.)
Spotlight on 2015 Anniversaries and Events
Chronological Calendar of Events: Jan 1-Dec 31
National Days of the World
World Map of Time Zones
Astronomical Phenomena 2015-2017
Some Facts about the US, Canada, Mexico
2015 Special Months
Major Awards 2013-2014